I’ve been doing pretty well with my plan to bake muffins on Sunday night so that we have them for quick snacks and breakfasts during the week. Last week’s carrot muffins were a huge hit. I’m hoping these will be one too. They already are with Jeff. I adapted the Blueberry Muffin recipe in my Williams Sonoma Muffins and Quickbreads Cookbook. We had gone blackberry picking in the summer and I froze some. They were just itching to be made into something.
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blackberries (if using frozen blackberries there is no need to thaw them)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside
- In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth
- Add the mixed dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Before adding the blackberries to the batter, toss them with a little bit of flour. This will help them to not sink to the bottom of your muffins.
- Add the blackberries and just stir to incorporate them.
- Pour the batter into line baking tins. Bake for approx 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.