I photocopied this out of a cookbook but sadly forgot to write down what book it was. My apologies to the creator of this delicious dip. The way that it is listed here is how I altered it.
- 2 cans (14oz) white beans (I used one can of butter beans and one can of small white beans)
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin (I used a small mound of cumin seeds in my hand)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus extra for garnish
- 1 small handful cilantro
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse beans under cool water several times until the water runs clear.
- In the bowl of a food processor pour the beans, lemon juice, olive oil, spices and most of the cilantro.
- Process on high until smooth. If it appears dry, you can add more olive oil, lemon juice or even a tiny bit of water to loosen it up. It should be the same consistency as hummus.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with paprika and chopped cilantro.
Serve with chips, pita bread or veggies.