We are in the thick of Passover preparation right now. We are hosting the second seder this year as usual. This year somehow we ended up with 23 guests. Normally we are around 15 – 18. It will be a little tight but it is a little tight every year. Jeff and I planned the menu and have pretty much shopped for everything so we can go ahead and start cooking tomorrow and Friday. Holiday starts Friday at sundown. Ready for the menu? It’s going to be yummy!
- Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls
- Homemade Chopped Liver, Gefilte Fish (not homemade but hope to someday), hard boiled eggs in salt water
- Braised beef with Fennel (braised in red wine, orange juice and herbs)
- Chicken with an onion, ginger, shallot, lemon sauce
- Roasted cauliflower (served room temperature)
- Zucchini ribbon salad
- Roast potatoes with basil
- Quinoa with assorted herbs and nuts
Desserts are yet to be finalized but these are the front runners:
- Almond Sponge Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (Mother-in-law will bring)
- Orange cake (Mother-in-law will bring)
- I might make some brownies or other Kosher for Passover baked treat.
Recipes and pictures (hopefully) will be posted after the weekend.
Chag Pesach Sameach! Happy Passover!