I am really bad at coming up with names for my recipes. Mostly I just call ’em what they are. Hence the Asian-ish Grouper. Jeff stopped at our local seafood market and picked up some beautiful grouper. We had planned on having fish, quinoa and a veggie for dinner. Nothing more specific than that. When I pressed Jeff for what flavors he might want for dinner he mentioned Asian. Here’s what I came up with.
- 1 lb grouper
- juice of 1 blood orange (regular oranges would work too, we just love blood oranges)
- 1/2 tsp blood orange zest
- soy sauce
- roasted sesame oil
- garlic powder
- raw sugar (brown sugar would work too, again we like the raw sugar)
- Zest some of the peel from the orange. Maybe 1/2 tsp or so.
- Juice the orange and put the juice in a bowl. Mix in the honey, soy sauce, roasted sesame oil, garlic powder and raw sugar.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Put fish in a baking pan (for some reason I tend to use pyrex for fish, no real reason, I just do)
- Spoon the sauce mixture over the fish, rubbing it all over the fish.
- Add the chopped cilantro and spread over the top of the fish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes until the fish is opaque and flaky.