A little late but still well within January. I found this on the Williamsburg Public Library (VA) website. It is a fun list of reading resolutions. I don’t know that I would resolve to do them all, maybe one or two. What are your reading resolutions or goals?
- I will reread a book I loved as a child.
- I will finally read that classic from high school that I’ve been avoiding.
- I will find a book of poetry and read some aloud.
- I wi’ll spend an hour in aimless browsing at a library or bookstore.
- I will assemble a list of my favorite people and send them my ideas about books (favorites, recent reads & the like)
- I will read a book to a child.
- I will gather a few friends and read a play out loud.
- I will read a book on the history of the town or area where I live.
- I will read a book written from a political point of view that is totally opposite of my own.
- I will read a book about a place I’ve never been to.
- I will reread a book that I just didn’t “get” when I was younger.
- I will ask a librarian to show me some print and online resources for readers.
- Read 100 books
- Try to read at least one book from incredibly popular authors that I have not yet read (Patterson, Roberts, Baldacci)
- Read books in a new genres or with new themes (military fiction, political, espionage)
- Read the Percy Jackson series aloud to Hannah and Peter (if Peter wants to hear it, I know Hannah does)