These cookies are so easy to make and are so yummy. Hannah and I first made them when she was home from school because of her concussion. She brought them to her Karate class and they were gone in a matter of minutes. I made them again last night for a program at the library. I think they will be gone just as quickly.
• 1 cup of butter, melted
• 2 cups of tightly packed dark brown sugar
• 2 egg, lightly beaten
• 2 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 2/3 cup of butterscotch chips
• 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour 2 8X8 pans.
• Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
• Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
• Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together.
• Add the butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
• Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
Makes 18 blondies.
Adapted from: Simplyrecipes.com